Friday, April 13, 2012

Day 4 of round 2

So today is day 4 of my 2nd reboot.  And I'm pleased to say that I weighed in at 209 this morning, 4lbs in 4 days.  I have been drinking my juices normally for breakfast and lunch and then having a small dinner that normally consists of grilled veggies.  However, last night we had a birthday party to go to and I ate one and a quarter slices of pizza (thank you Eden for not finishing your piece, mommy needed those few extra calories). 
I have found with juicing I get some weird and not so weird side effects, one being:
  1. I am awake and ready to go at like 6am.  Normally I get up around 7:30ish, but when I start a reboot my body starts waking up even earlier...weird.  Its happened both time I've juiced.
  2. I have tons of energy.  I know not necessarily weird but when your accustomed to tanking around lunch time and again just before dinner time, being able to go from 6am - 10pm without every needing that "second wind" is weird...just saying.
  3. The headaches I used to get are GONE when I juice.  I think they were partly due to dehydration (when you reboot you have to drink TONS of water) and partly due to unhealthy eating habits.
So all in all I guess they aren't THAT weird.  I can't say enough how grateful I am to have stumbled across Joe Cross and the Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead documentary.  I know there are people who are mocking me, or think this is just another "diet fad", but I don't care.  It probably is in the Grand Scheme of things, however, this works for me so say what you want ;o) 

I have alot of people ask me what I juice, what juicer I use, and so on, so here are a few of my tips:
  1. I use this juicer and LOVE IT!!  Did you get that?  L O V E I T!!! http://www.amazon.com/Breville-BJE200XL-700-Watt-Compact-Fountain/dp/B000MDHH06/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334320725&sr=8-1
  2. Why do you love it you say?  Because I get alot of juice from it.  Its easy to clean up.  And I can plunk a whole sweet potato down it and it doesn't even hesitate to take it on.  Or how about a pineapple.  I cut a pineapple into 1/4's and stick it in skin and all.  This thing is a hoss!
  3. I juice whatever I have in my fridge.  Normally for breakfast its a fruity juice and for lunch and dinner its a veggie juice.  ex. this morning was: pineapple, pear, apple, carrot.  I added that to a blender with some spinach, banana, & blueberries...YUM                                                           For lunch or dinner I do celery, beet, bell pepper, cabbage, & a apple.  Whatever I have it goes into the juicer.
  4. Sometimes I have to choke down a juice, but its during those times I think "its better this goes in me than a stupid cheeseburger and fries!"  Or I sure can't wait to fit in those size 12 pants!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I am so doing this when I get the kiddo weaned! :) Thanks for all the good info!

    ReplyDelete