Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 10 & 11 of my Reboot

Ok so I was really busy yesterday. This bathroom remodel is consuming all my extra time, and I never got a chance to update my blog. So here's day 10 & 11 squished together :o)   I have some really good news to report.  The last 3ish days I have been lingering at 221.  Yesterday I got on the scale feeling kinda down about it, and I swear its like the scale knows when I have just about had it, therefore, has pity on me, and coughs up 219...WAHOO!!  I am down another 2lbs.  Well thats not the end of my good news.  I got on the scale this morning and it read 217, now thats what I'm talking about!  Down 4lbs in 2 days and feeling AWESOME!
 Last night was a really difficult night for me.  Probably not as difficult as the first 4 days of my fast, but I had to go grocery shopping, like BIG grocery shopping for the first time since my fast.  Normally I get most my fruits and veggies from a local farmers market vendor, so I don't have to confront the local grocery store too much.  I consider myself an AVID couponer.  So because of my stockpile I haven't had to grocery shop since before Thanksgiving.  Minus of course things like milk, cheese, lunchmeat, bread, you know all those staples you get every week.  Anyway just to be around all the food, the smells....geesh I couldn't take it!  At one point my husband bought my 19 month old a couple chicken strips from the deli and watching the two of them eat them was not helping the problem.  I finally told Aaron (my husband) to get them (the chicken strips) away from me...ha! Needless to say I left the store victorious! I even managed to pick my kids up from children's choir and Awana's, come home and put all the yummy food away, and put myself to bed before I did something I regretted.  So I think I deserved those 2lbs this morning ;o) 

In total I am down 15lbs.  6 of which I lost the first week I started, cutting out meals and substituting juice. And 9 from the actual "juice fast".  If my numbers are ever skewed, feel free to correct me.  I started at 232 and I am currently at 217...so 15lbs.  Now with 5 more days down the question is to stop or keep on (I said I would take this 5 days at a time), but I am feeling sooo good, how about another 5.  Soooo onward we go!! :o)

Here's a recent (around Thanksgiving-ish time) picture of my darling hubby and me. I am sooo embarrassed of myself in this photo.  I feel like Aaron is having to reach his arms around, as far as he can, just to embrace me.  And THAT makes me sad, embarrassed, wishing I hadn't been in the family pictures that day, but had to because it wouldn't be a "family" without Mommy in it.  Anyway I COMPLETELY realize  that this isn't just a weight issue, its a Michelle issue, which THANKFULLY I have an awesome God that is chipping away at ALL my silly insecurities, some which have been  rooted in me from childhood.  And for Him I am MOST thankful!  And also for my sweet husband, who despite all my flaws, LOVES ME UNCONDITIONALLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment